Qualified applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or faxed to (707) 528-7933
If we find your experience to be a good match for a position we will contact you for an interview.
If contacted for an interview please print and bring the filled out application with you to your interview
Director of Engagement – Santa Rosa
Resource Development Manager – Santa Rosa
Marketing & Communications Manager – Santa Rosa
Grant Writer- Santa Rosa
Program Director- All Areas
Under the limited supervision of the Vice President of Youth IMPACT, the Director of Engagement leads and is directly accountable for the operation of the Tomorrow’s Leaders Today Program, Club Safety and Supplies, and Volunteer Management, and Community Partnerships. Incumbent is a member of the organization’s Senior Program Leadership Team.
LEADERSHIP – Provide effective Leadership and Direction to Staff, Volunteers, and Members. Sit as member of Senior Program Leadership Team.
TLT PROGRAM – Deliver TLT’s community education and leadership skills training program of high school juniors in Sonoma County, including oversight of curriculum, measurement of program success, and collaboration with the Program Coordinators to ensure each program day is run effectively. Responsible for student recruitment and selection, fee collection & program funding, program planning, delivery & evaluation, student orientation and graduation, curriculum development and review.
VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT–Assess organizational need and capacity for volunteers and set goals. Develop volunteer position descriptions. Lead community outreach to find volunteers. Screen (interviews, required background checks, etc.) and match volunteers to organizational needs and opportunities. Create and lead training and orientation for volunteers and develop process for Program Directors to do so at the Club level.
Schedule volunteers. Ensure Volunteer recognition. Create and maintain volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks). Develop, monitor, track and report on Volunteer metrics and goals across the organization.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS — Act as primary community liaison with regard to Club Community engagement. Maintain excellent relations with primary Club partners. Develop high awareness of Club programs in the community including school principals and teachers, provider committees, service organizations, and corporations. Plan, coordinate, and execute community events engaging partners including corporate service days with Club Members (Ex: Days of Play) including all logistics, coordination, & communication internally and externally. Partner appropriately with members of the Resource Development team on such partnerships, as appropriate.
SUPPLY PROCUREMENT & MANAGEMENT– Manage supply procurement, distribution, and inventory for all Club locations (includes direct supervision of youth impact assistant). Plan, coordinate, and execute community supply drives & campaigns including Back to School Supply drive & Santa Land. SAFETY OFFICER — Develop and oversee Club safety program in partnership with other senior leaders. Design, develop and oversee Safety Program implementation at all Club locations ensuring Club environment is safe for members, staff and volunteers. Maintain consistent and coordinated program at all sites including partner collaboration & involvement, training, drills, and communication plans, and training. Ensure program initiatives continually advance the impact on Club youth.
HUMAN RESOURCES — Hire, train, supervise, & evaluate all related staff. Maintain a supportive, energetic and effective team of middle managers and program support staff, as applicable. PLANNING — Using our IMPACT model, develop annual program plan with tangible, measured goals. Adapt Club & Volunteer programs to meet community needs on a continual basis. Participate in organization-wide planning efforts as a member of the Strategic Planning Committee. REPORTING & EVALUATION — Ensure all reporting requirements are met on deadline for each Club location & program. Report findings to Vice President of Youth IMPACT on an on-going basis. Manage appropriate sections of Club’s annual report to Boys & Girls Clubs of America and other program-related reporting.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & FINANCE — Manage Financial Resources, including assisting in developing and monitoring annual budget for assigned programs. Adhere to all Administrative and Operational Systems. Ensure Technology, Information Management Systems and Staff Skills are current. Participate in budgeting process and oversee all supply expenditures. Responsible for meeting income goals relating to membership and fees.
FACILITY — Ensure that sites are clean, safe and attractive and have appropriate documented plans & process in place.
MARKETING — Market Club programs to all potential members and their parents, community leaders, volunteers, and partners through recruiting events, flyers, and newsletters on a continual basis.
OTHER DUTIES- As assigned. SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: • Person will be of flawless integrity & will fully embody our organizational Core Values. • Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university, Masters preferred. • A minimum of three years management experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people • Strong communication skills both verbal and written. • Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics. • Computer skills: Microsoft Office. • Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities • Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications & TB clearance
• Must provide own vehicle, have a valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
The Resource Development Manager works at the direction of the Vice President of Resource Development to plan and execute resource development strategies throughout the Organization. This person will primarily be responsible for cultivating gifts and grants from individuals, corporations, foundations, government agencies and others as well as ensuring that special events are organized and reach their financial goals.
1. Campaign Management – Plan, execute and manage various fundraising campaigns in support of organizational resource development goals and strategies.
2. Special Events – Support Resource Development Department with planning and execution of events. Planning duties include event timelines, progress reports, board, staff and volunteer participation sign-ups, ticket sales, vendor relations, securing event sponsors and in-kind donations.
3. Community Relations – Lead the development of strategic alliances with local community organizations, leaders and prospective donors.
4. Grant Writing and Reporting – Write grants and research new grant opportunities. Collaborate with program staff to ensure grant objectives are being met and reports to funders as required.
5. Community Council – Recruit, develop and provide effective leadership to BGCCSC Community Council members.
6. Database Management – Keeps records current for all donors and prospects.
7. General Administration – As assigned.
Required skills, attitude and experience:
• Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university required.
• 2+ years of progressively responsible Resource Development experience.
• Understanding of and experience using various social media platforms for business use, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Constant Contact (or similar e-mail marketing platform) and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Knowledge of accessing and managing a database, Donor Perfect preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Great teamwork skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
• Impeccable honesty and integrity.
• Commitment to being a high performance team player.
• Interest and ability to represent the agency in the public eye.
• All other duties as assigned.
The Marketing & Communications Manager, under the Supervision of the VP of Resource Development, works with the Chief Executive Officer and Councils or Board (as assigned) to plan and execute Marketing & Communications strategies and monitor progress against goals; and research, write and win Grants to fund Club operations.
1. GRANT WRITING & REPORTING-
a. Maintains general information for Grant submissions such as Need Statement, Club Member Demographics, Program Offering, Program Intended Outcomes.
b. Researches grants that match Mission and Programs. Maintains list of potential funders and what programs match.
c. Collaborates actively with CEO & Youth Impact to identify funding needs.
d. Writes and Submits grants.
e. Maintains written materials for Special Projects and programs that Development Team will use with private donors.
f. Maintains relationship with grant donors and submits or collaborates to submit reports on time.
g. Maintains Tracker of private grants.
2. MARKETING & MEDIA –
Develops and manages annual marketing plan. Manages speakers bureau, maintains web site and submits press releases to local media monthly highlighting program and recognition opportunities. Manages Annual Report and newsletters.
h. Maintains Club’s Teachable Point of View. Refreshes as new information is available; minimally twice annually.
i. Manages Speaker’s Bureau ensuring Club is presenting at all identified groups annually. Both speaks and identifies and trains other appropriate speakers.
j. Maintains Web Site with thorough organizational information as well as time sensitive events and opportunities to engage the community.
k. Maintains & implements Social Media strategy including increasing reach and diversifying messages to include Club focus, Team focus and Donor/Partner focus.
l. Engages Media regularly; submits press releases to local media monthly highlighting program and recognition opportunities.
m. Produces and distributes e-newsletters using Constant Contact.
n. Produces Annual Report in July for electronic and print availability.
2. SPECIAL EVENTS – Supports Resource Development Department with any special materials needed for events and with including events in overall marketing calendar strategy.
3. BOARD/VOLUNTEER RELATIONS –
a. Maintains Marketing Committee, meeting at least quarterly, to support building organization’s Community Awareness.
b. Ensures board has all necessary information prior to and after each meeting relating to Department and as it relates to getting their work done as a board. Attends meetings and retreats and staffs appropriate committees.
4. DONOR RELATIONS – Supports Resource Development Department with any needed materials as they ensure timely and appropriate acknowledgement of all donors through written thanks and donor recognition events and opportunities.
5. OTHER DUTIES – as needed.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDES:
* Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university required.
* Three to five years of progressively responsible development experience.
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
* Great Team Work skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
* Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
* Ability to quickly learn new computer programs, including Donor Perfect.
* Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
* Impeccable honesty and integrity.
* Commitment to being a high performance team player.
* Interest and ability to represent the agency in the public eye.
Under the Supervision of the VP of Resource Development, The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, as well as managing the grant development and proposal process.
•Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
•Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
•Work with department managers to compile financials and data
•Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
•Develop and maintain a proposal calendar
•Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
•Develop an annual grants strategy
•Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
•Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDES:
•A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
•Bachelor’s Degree required
•Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
•Knowledge of local, regional and state wide foundations and corporations
•Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
•Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
•Able to effectively communicate
•Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
•High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
•Great team work skills, including an understanding of group dynamics
•Ability to quickly learn new computer programs, including Donor Perfect
•Impeccable honesty and integrity
•Commitment to being a high performance team player
•Interest and ability to represent the agency in the public eye
To oversee and administer all programs and activities offered at the Club. Programs include Education &Career Development, Character & Leadership Development, Sports, Fitness & Recreation, The Arts and Health & Life Skills.
Incumbent will plan, develop, oversee implementation of all programs and hire and
supervise program staff, and perform related administrative duties.
1. LEADERSHIP – Provides effective leadership and direction to staff and Club Members by
complying with organization policies, demonstrating core values, focusing on deepening Club
2. DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT OF WORLD CLASS CLUB EXPERIENCE- Using the Youth
Development Strategy, develops and implements programs to meet organization’s mission.
Utilizes programs developed locally and by Boys & Girls Clubs of America to create an
environment for Club Members to feel a sense of belonging, usefulness, competence, and
influence in the Out of School Time.
3. MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT – Recruits and retains members by promoting the Club through
flyers, newsletters and word-of-mouth. Maintains recommended number of Members at site (and
appropriate waiting lists if necessary) and ensures they carry their Membership Card to the Club every day. Responsible for meeting annual goals for Membership, attendance and impact
4. SAFETY – Maintains a safe, clean environment. Ensures proper use and maintenance of Club
equipment and property.
5. DISCIPLINE – Utilizes appropriate discipline to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members.
6. STAFF MANAGEMENT – Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all Clubhouse staff and
ensures a positive and dynamic relationship between all staff and Club members.
7. VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT- Implement Volunteer Program for program support. Recognize
8. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – Manage Financial Resources, including assisting in developing
and monitoring annual budget. Adhere to all Administrative and Operational Systems. Ensure
Technology, Information Management Systems and Staff Skills are current.
9. COMMUNICATION – Acts as primary point of contact between parents and local schools. Posts
program schedules where they are easy to read and in appropriate languages.
10. FACILITY MANAGEMENT – Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and appealing Club
facility. Maintains positive relationship with facility owners and communicates effectively regarding
11. PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Support development of Strategic Alliances and Collaborative Partnerships that further Boys & Girls Clubs in the Community. Be established as the local Expert in Youth Development.
12. MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS – Support positive Public Relations & awareness using the media and marketing campaigns
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
Person will be of flawless integrity.
Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
A minimum of three years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Bi-lingual; Spanish/English Strongly Preferred.
Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Mandatory negative TB test.
Valid State Drivers License.
Must have a professional appearance. Standard piercings only, naturally occurring hair color, no visible tattoos.
Proof of Auto Insurance.
Our team is comprised of both administrative and youth development (program) professionals.
Relationships with caring adults helps children live a productive, caring, and responsible life.
View all positions we offer below.