- Pinot on the River
October 21, 2018
- Pinot on the River
Donate to BGCCSC
We have been serving the youth of Sonoma County for 70 Years. Starting in Healdsburg, Boys & Girls Clubs expanded to Rohnert Park and Cloverdale in the 1980s and Windsor in the 1990s. Growth exploded after several independent Clubs merged in 2008 and began actively seeking to expand to youth in need. Our first Santa Rosa Club opened in 2009 (there are now 21 Clubs in Santa Rosa) and opened in Geyserville in 2010. Our organization began serving the west county communities of Guerneville and Monte Rio in 2016. Additionally the organization began operating a Club inside of the Sonoma County Juvenile Hall in 2010 and serves youth once they reenter the community as well.
1946 – Boys Club of Healdsburg was founded to expand the impact of the Barbieri Boxing Club.
1989 – Boys & Girls Clubs of Rohnert Park is created and begins operating in an old firehouse.
1997 – Boys & Girls Club of Windsor opened the doors to its Club on Brooks Road.
2008 – The Clubs in Healdsburg, Windsor and Rohnert Park voted to combine organizations to better serve the youth of their own communities and other under-served Sonoma County communities. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Sonoma County is born.
2009 – Opened our first Club in Santa Rosa at Roseland Elementary School.
Opened Clubs at JX Wilson Elementary School in Southwest Santa Rosa and Cali Calmecac Charter School in Windsor.
2010 – Took over operations of Boys & Girls Clubs of Cloverdale, including 2 existing Clubs.
Added a Club in Geyserville at Geyserville Elementary School and a third Club in Santa Rosa at Roseland Accelerated Middle School.
2011 – Opened sites at Foss Creek Apartments in Healdsburg and Sheppard Elementary School in the Roseland area of Santa Rosa.
Partnered with the City of Santa Rosa and County of Sonoma to open a Club in Juvenile Hall.
Opened a third Club in Cloverdale at Washington Middle School.
2012 – Opened 4 new sites on the Cook Middle School, Comstock Middle School, Burbank Elementary and Lincoln Elementary School campuses.
Further expanded into Santa Rosa where we opened our doors at 7 new sites – 3 in the Roseland School District and 4 in the Santa Rosa City School District.
Named a 2012 Maytag Dependable Club Award winner by Boys & Girls Clubs of America for demonstrated dependability and dedication to keeping youth on the path to achieve great futures.
2013 – Launched the REACH Program focusing on diversion and re-entry services for youth released from Juvenile Hall.
Opened 3 new sites in Windsor and Santa Rosa in partnership with Burbank Housing
2014– Purchased and opened the Youth Impact Center housing administration and our REACH program.
Also opened Jack London Elementary Club and Matanzas Club.
The organization received national recognition for the success of our programs:
2014 Boys & Girls Clubs of America Honor Awards for Program Excellence – Overall Program (Roseland Elementary School Club) and Innovation in Safety (JX Wilson Elementary School Club)
2014 Boys & Girls Clubs of America Merit Awards – Character & Leadership Development Programs (Sheppard Elementary School Club) and Health & Life Skills Programs (The Club @ Juvenile Hall)
2015– Cloverdale Club received 2015 Boys & Girls Clubs of America Honor Award for Program Excellence for Overall Participation & Attendance.
Opened Roseland Village Teen Club.
1400 North Dutton Ave. Ste. 14
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Phone: (707) 528-7977
Fax: (707) 528-7933